ILP 2016 will take place in the Warren House Conference Centre, one of the
finest meeting place in Britain, situated next to Richmond Park, a National
Nature Reserve considered to be the largest of London’s eight Royal Parks and
the biggest enclosed space in London. It combines the convenience of a London
location with the peace and quite of a beautiful country place.
The venue is in Kingston upon Thames, located on the bank of the River Thames and just 12 miles south west of central London. It’s an ideal place to escape to from the City. Historically an interesting town, where coronations of Anglo Saxon kings used to take place in the 10th century, it is currently known as a popular destination for culture, shopping and entertainment.
Access to the conference venuePlease note:
- Heathrow airport is the closest airport to the venue (approximately 15 miles).
- Wimbledon is the closest tube station to the venue (approximately 4 miles) with a taxi rank outside the tube station.
Getting to the Warren House Conference Venue by taxi from the airportsDirect Taxi journey from airports that are not Heathrow and Gatwick will be very expensive. We suggest tube/train transportation from any of these airports (see suggested directions below).
From Heathrow or Gatwick Airports:
- Black cabs can be found outside the airports. Please advice drivers to avoid M25 (ring road around London) root as this is often congested and taxi fare will be more expensive than necessary.
- Various minicab private companies are available in London. These are generally cheaper than black cabs, but pick up from the airport will need to be pre-arranged. Some recommended companies include: TravelsureCars, Station Cars, Kingston Area Cars, Kingston Cars. Their fare is usually based on distance travelled not travel time.
Getting to the Warren House Conference Venue by tube/train from the airports
- From Heathrow Airport: Piccadilly Line to Earls Court (approximately 40mins). Then District line (south-bound) to Wimbledon (approximately 20mins).
- From Heathrow Airport: Heathrow Express Train to Paddington Tube Station (approximately 20 minutes). Then District Line (south-bound) to Wimbledon (approximately 28mins).
- From Gatwick Airport: Direct train service from Gatwick Airport Station to Clapham Junction station (approximately 25mins). Then direct train from Clapham Junction station to Wimbledon station (approximately 7 mins).
- From Luton Airport: direct train service to Wimbledon Station (approximately 80mins).
- From Stansted Airport: This is the furtherest away airport and not directly connected. Suggested route is to use the National Express Coach service with destination either Victoria station or Paddington Station. Then from either of these stations, District line (south-bound) to Wimbledon.
Other well connected stations
- From Wimbledon tube station: Bus N. 57 (from Stop L). 15mins journey to the stop called Traps Lane, then about 14 mins walk to the Warren House Conference Centre along Warren Road.
- From Putney Bridge tube station: Bus N. 85 (from Stop FC). 27mins journey to the Warren Road Kingston Hill stop.
- From Richmond Tube station: This is 5 miles from the venue. Taxi rank outside the station. Bus services also available but not direct bus journey to the venue.
- From Kingston-upon-thames train station: This is 2 miles from the venue. Close by there is a large bus station with various possible bus services that cover most of the area. Black cabs rank is also available outside the station.
- From Norbiton station: This is 1.6 miles from the venue. Minicab private service available outside the station. Bus 85 (Stop NZ 6 minute away from the station) direction Putney Bridge. Only 5 stops to Warren Road Kingston Hill (approximately 5mins journey).
Payments methods for public transportsGeneral information about the various types of tickets that are accepted on public transports in London (e.g. buses, overground trains and tubes) can be found on the TfL (Transport for London) website. You can pay for tickets on buses, tube and trains by using directly your personal contactless card, or a pay as you go Oyster Card or a pre-paid Visitor Oyster Card.
For any further information please do not hesitate to contact the programme chair Alessandra Russo.
The location of the Warren House Conference Center is shown in the map below.